Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bag maknig

I have been sewing stuff for me and my son for some time now. Recently i have taken up sewing bags..i am yet to post few snaps of my creations but i am a lousy photographer and my current canon camera doesn't do wonders !! Learning photography is next in queue, i will get to it someday..
Getting back to bags, i just wanted to share a great site with wonderful tutorials for bag making.
http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/freebie-.html
I am yet to make any of Lisa's patterns, but i have learned a great deal. I have made 2 bags till now, a backpack and a daily use bag from a pillowcase.. I am yet to buy serious bag making supplies like buckles,snaps,leather,handles etc, so the delay.
My plan is to make 'Pleated and Darted Pouch' from the above mentioned site once i learn the art of adding lining to bags.
Yet another blog with list of bag tutorials.
http://frugalandthriving.com.au/2009/45-awesome-free-bag-making-tutorials/
By the way if you know any place in bangalore which sells wooden/cane/plastic bag handles, please do let me know..
I plan to make a visit to chickpet sometime this month. I will post the details once i make the visit.

No comments: